Before you jump into building your new website, take some time to get organized.
In broad terms this means:
- Establish your goals
- Assign tasks to other leaders
- Pull together the needed information
At your next troop committee meeting, discuss how you plan to use your website.
- What should your Home Page say about your troop to the general public?
- Will you post photos and/or videos of troop events on your website?
- Do you want to track rank advancement and merit badges?
- Does your treasurer want to use the troop accounting capabilities?
Once you agree on your goals, it's time to assign responsibilities. Who is going to...
. . . Edit the Home Page and About Our Troop page?
. . . Enter upcoming events into the troop calendar?
. . . Upload photos and videos from recent events?
. . . Load the troop roster and keep it up to date?
. . . Record requirements earned toward merit badges and rank advancement?
. . . Maintain troop accounts and enter monetary transactions?
. . . Set up users and assign permissions?
Now you're ready to prepare a checklist of tasks to bring your website up to speed.