TM Web 2.0 can produce an Individual History report which contains information about each scout's achievements.
This can be used to transfer:
- Completion dates for completed ranks
- Completion dates for rank requirements for ranks in progress
- Completion dates for merit badges
- Partial merit badges
- Completion dates for special awards
- Leadership history
- Training history
This function should not be used unless you have completed the transition to the 2016 rank requirements in TM Web 2.0 for all of your scouts' uncompleted ranks.
You must have your preferences set in TM Web 2.0 so that scout's names are displayed beginning with the last name, followed by a comma, followed by the nickname or first name.
Dates should be displayed with a two digit year, like this: 12/25/16.
To produce this report:
- Log on to TM Web 2.0
- From the "Reports" menu, select "Advancement", then select "Individual History".
- Select "All Scouts".
- Select all ranks
- Under "Merit Badges", select "Earned MB List" and "Partial MB's", but do not select any of the options under "Partial MB's"
- Under "Other", select "Special Awards", "Training", and "Leadership History"
- Click the "Generate Report" button.
- Remember where you saved these files so you can find them when you're ready to upload them.
This should create a PDF file. Open the PDF to verify that all of your active scouts are listed.
When you are ready to upload these files, log on to your TroopWebHost site and go to Advancement → Upload Advancement → Upload Individual History PDF from TM Web 2.0 to view a page like the one shown below.
Use the Browse button to find the PDF file you produced from TM Web 2.0.
Press the Update Individual History Report button and then wait for the process to complete.
The program will transfer the following data:
- All completed ranks.
- All rank requirements that have been completed for ranks not yet earned. If you entered "Complete" in TroopMaster instead of a date, we will set the completion date to 1/1/2000 in TroopWebHost.
- All merit badges that have been completed by each scout.
- All merit badges that have been started by each scout, but not which requirements have been completed.
- All awards that have been earned by each scout, but only if we can find an exact match for the name of that award in the TroopWebHost Special Awards table.
- The leadership history for each scout, but only if we can find an exact match for the name of that position in the TroopWebHost Leadership Positions table.
- All training that was completed by each scout, but only if we can find an exact match for the name of that training course in the TroopWebHost Training Courses table.
The Individual History report includes no indication of whether a given rank, merit badge or award has been recorded or presented.
As a result, the upload will not set the Date Awarded, Court of Honor Date, or
Date Submitted to Council.
These dates should be set after the upload using the Set Award Date function.
The upload may take several minutes. When it finishes, it will display a status report.
The status report begins by listing the awards, leadership positions and training courses for which an exact match could not be found.
This may be because the name of that item is spelled differently in TroopWebHost. Or it may be missing entirely from TroopWebHost.
Save a copy of this report. You can copy the entire page and paste it into a word processing program if you don't want to print it.
Then update your TroopWebHost tables to make spelling corrections or add missing entries:
Once you've updated these tables, you can reload the file again. You can reload the file as many times as you'd like without fear of creating duplicate entries.