TroopWebHost is a great way to manage your troop's funds.
If you are your troop's treasurer, please take the time to carefully read this chapter of the User Guide before you get started.
Your first steps will be to:
- Set up Personal Subaccounts as needed for fundraising proceeds and reserve accounts.
- Decide if you want to use the budget feature and, if so, review the
budget template and your event types,
and update your transaction types to enable budgeting.
- Decide if you want to enable credit and debit card payments via PayPal or Square and, if so,
configure your site accordingly.
- Decide if you want to allow adult leaders to submit requests for reimbursement
through the system and, if so, configure your system to enable this feature.
- Decide if you want to implement fund accounting and, if so, set up the funds,
categories and transaction types as needed
- Create a Troop Account for your troop's checking account.
- Enter a starting balance for your troop's checking account.
- Enter the starting balance for each member of your troop, either by:
You will then be ready to settle into a routine for managing your troop's funds.
This will involve these activities:
The rest of this chapter will explain these operations in detail.