When we link your new troop site to an existing troop site, we will copy all event types from that troop into your site.
If you go to Site Configuration → Event Types you will see all of these event types, as shown below.
Event Types are "tightly linked" between the troop sites. If you add a new event type to your site, that event type
will be immediately copied to the other troop's site.
Some, but not all, fields are synchronized as well. If you change the value of these fields on the event type in your system,
the new values will be copied to that event type in the linked troop's database. This includes:
- All fields in the What Fields Will Be Available section, with the exception of the following fields which control the sign-up list:
- Display Permission Slip Checkbox
- Enable Electronic Permission
- Enter Number of Guests For Each Participant
- Display Driver
- Display Comment
- All fields in the Sign-Ups and Shifts section, with the exception of "Enable Shifts" and "Enable Sign-Up Limits"
- All fields in the Participation Credit section
While the initial settings for Where These Events Will Be Seen and Reminders will be copied from the first site, these values will
not be synchronized. This allows each troop to customize these settings without affecting the other troop.