TroopWebHost allows you to configure your site to accept on-line payments from scouts and their parents.
Your members can initiate these payments from the On-Line Payments page. Once they complete a payment it will be
automatically posted to their account.
TroopWebHost currently supports two on-line payment vendors:
- Square™ allows you to accept on-line payments via credit and debit cards.
- PayPal™ allows you to accept on-line payments from PayPal accounts as well as via credit and debit cards.
If you like, you can offer both options to your users, and let them decide which they prefer.
Or you can keep it simple and just choose whichever vendor you are most comfortable with.
You will need to set up an account with each vendor before you can accept payments using their service.
This will be done on that vendor's website, and will involve providing them the bank routing information for your troop's
checking account where you plan to deposit the funds.
The benefits of using Square include:
- Easy initial set up
- Fast, convenient payment process for your users
- All payments are automatically transferred to your troop's checking account within 2 business days
- Accept in person payments to member accounts using the Payment Collector
The benefits of using PayPal include:
- Option to make payments directly from a user's PayPal account
- Lower processing fee if you can provide documentation to PayPal of your charter organization's 501(c)(3) status
- Payer receives an email receipt from PayPal after each payment
Setting up your site to use PayPal is a bit more complicated than Square, but we will walk you through the process
in the next few pages.
Square is a bit easier to configure, which you can learn about here.