Journey To Excellence is the BSA's planning, performance, and recognition program designed to encourage and reward the success of scouting units.
To participate in this program, troops and crews must submit an annual scorecard showing their progress on a series of performance objectives.
TroopWebHost can help you gather the information needed for this report, and then produce both the report and the corresponding worksheet.
To prepare for this process, you first need to perform the following configuration steps:
- Authorize your Journey To Excellence coordinators for the "Recharter / JTE Coordinator" user role.
- Update your leadership positions to indicate the ones that represent committee members.
- Review other leadership positions to ensure they will be recognized correctly in the JTE process.
- Update your training positions to reflect JTE requirements.
These steps will be spelled out in detail on the following page.
For any given year, the Journey To Excellence reports require the following:
- A Recharter Year was created for the current charter year, with registered members identified as of the start of the year.
- A Recharter Year has been created for the next charter year, with registered members identified as of the start of that year.
- Planning meetings prior to the beginning of the current charter year are marked accordingly.
- Events during the year which satisfy JTE requirements are marked accordingly.
- When leaders complete the required training for the scoutmaster, assistant scoutmaster or committee member positions, this must
be noted in their leadership records.
The Journey To Excellence statistics may be computed as often as needed to reflect the current information in the database.
You may then produce the final report as well as a supporting worksheet.